Windows shutdown problem

placeone 14:18 07 May 03

Hi,i currently run a computer using an AT power supply,after the computer shuts down i then have to manually switch the power off.The problem is i do not recieve the final notification screen saying 'IT IS NOW SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER'.Although this is not a problem for me,it is for the rest of the family that use it,because they sometimes switch the power off before shut down is complete,causing file corruption.Does anyone know how to return this screen to the computer.Incidently,i have formatted the computer several times but this does not solve the problem.

recap 14:21 07 May 03

I posted in your original thread placeone.

What is your operating system? This may help somebody solve the problem for you.

placeone 14:53 07 May 03

Thanks recap my operating system is Windows 98se

pal22 15:16 07 May 03

I don't know if you've done this or not

Have you checked that the shutdown screen file
is on you pc. The file is called Logos.sys.

Gaz 25 17:54 07 May 03

Many utils out there do this for you.

I am sure someone out here will be able to help you more on this.

watchful 20:36 07 May 03

You'd better tick off the other thread, titled Brian, as it's getting more attention than this one from all the Brians!

Stuartli 20:46 07 May 03

There is a Windows 98 Shutdown fix 400KB plus zip file available from the Microsoft website:

Win98_Shutdown

Stuartli 20:50 07 May 03

Just read the thread again - if I remember rightly if you have an AT power supply then the system will have to be switched off manually.

I only gained this advantage after upgrading to an ATX case and power supply along with a mobo that supported the facility.

Jomi 21:07 07 May 03

is a problem that I've had in the past and reading through the microsoft site on the subject I found that in MY case it was Norton anti virus software!
If I closed down Norton first I could then shutdown the pc normally.
At that time though I had Win ME.

VoG™ 21:26 07 May 03

This is a very useful site for shutdown problems click here

I don't think that it addresses your specific problem but well worth a read.

placeone 08:23 08 May 03

Hi Pal22,how do i find the logos.sys. file on my pc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…