windows setup utility

Hi guys.

I have running on my win2000 o/s, windows auto update facility. Just recently I was advised to install a security update for ie6 service pk1.

After installing and restarting system I was unable to access my outlook express, when a window for oe finally appears a dialog box with avg kernel error appears, when ok is clicked I am told drive ( core ) not found winerr=2 appears. Now I have been succesfully running avg antivirus with no probs. When I tried running avg I could not access at all. I tried uninstalling avg and reinstalling, but a dialog appears: cannot find commdlg.Dll,( but I can find it in winnt sys file!!) click on ok and another dialog appears stating: cannot run 16 bit window program

C:\docume~1\adminI~1\locals~1\temp\wzs.1tmp\setup.exe

This folder was moved or removed.

Now the only folder i have removed as yet is avg.

I cannot access outlook and cannot reinstall avg.

I removed the security update but this has had no effect, so have reinstalled it??????

any ideas as to how or why this setup.exe was removed, and how can i replace it, to allow avg to set up and to be able to access oe.

Any help will be very welcome.

cheers lb.

bremner 19:31 03 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…