Windows service pack 1 missing

wesparmalee 09:45 30 Oct 03

I have recently found that Windows service pack 1 has somehow fanished from my pc.I can remember downloading it some months ago,but it's now nowhere to be seen.I've checked in control panel add/remove programs,and there are other hot-fix listings there,but no service pack.I've tried to download it again,but the windows update site will not allow me to do this because service pack 1 controlls the ability to use the update system.This is really frustrating,how can i download service pack 1 again?

johnnyrocker 09:47 30 Oct 03

if it only disappeared recently could you not try system restore?

cheers.

johnny

temp003 09:56 30 Oct 03

Right click My Computer and select Properties. Under the General tab, it should say what operating system is loaded and what service pack. If it mentions SP1, then it's been installed, and I wouldn't worry about not seeing it any more in Add/Remove Programs.

If you want to download the full sp1 (now called sp1a) again, click here and select Network Installation.

johnnyrocker 13:43 30 Oct 03

i would suggest leaving sp1a alone as it disables VM machine which kills some java activities but is due to be resolved by SP3 which is due out soon.

cheers.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…