Windows security warning on Amazon site

fullyfitted 19:36 19 Oct 09

I get a security warning every time I visit Amazon.
It says “The current web page is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?
Current site click here
Trusted site res://ieframe.dll
Yes/No

It usually takes three or four clicks on the ” yes “ button before access is allowed, As I navigate through the site I have to repeat this on every page and as you will appreciate it’s a pain, so much so that I now tend to avoid Amazon if I can.
No other site is affected only Amazon.
In tools on IE7 the security level is set to medium to high and Amazon is not listed in the trusted sites but neither are other shopping sites I use where I don't get a problem
System is XP home.
I’m reluctant to alter the security settings but would appreciate any suggestions.

johnnyrocker 19:50 19 Oct 09

no problems here ie6 and xp pro

johnny

birdface 20:18 19 Oct 09

No problems here either.Xp Home.IE8.

MAT ALAN 20:24 19 Oct 09

In IE:

"Tools" menu -> "Internet Options" -> "Security" tab -> Select zone -> "Custom Level..." -> "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" -> Change to 'enable

birdface 20:25 19 Oct 09

Maybe update and run the free version of malwarebytes.

click here

fullyfitted 20:36 19 Oct 09

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.
MAT ALAN,
Many thanks , that has cured it although I still don't understand why it affected only Amazon.
But as long as it is resolved I won't lose any sleep.
Thanks again
FF

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…