Windows Security Updates?

Les T 21:09 24 Jun 06

Howdo, i was looking in the Add/Remove programs section of the Control Panel, and i've noticed this great list of Windows Security Updates. Is it safe to delete them?, as i've had them and had them insatalled via Automatc Updates. Some of these updates go back to last year. Sorry if it seems like a beginners question.
Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 24 Jun 06

No leave them in.

You can untick the box "Show updates" at the top of the ADD /remove screen to hide these updates from the window.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:24 24 Jun 06

If you look in the windows folder there will be alot of files starting with $.

These are the restore points created when the update was installed, it is safe to delete these if your PC is giving no problems. This can help save alot of hard disk space.

Belatucadrus 01:07 25 Jun 06

While removing the updates is not a good idea, if the update has been installed smoothly and is running as designed, you may want to get rid of the restore points click here Remove Hotfix backup, clears out the backups and uninstal entries without deleting the updates themselves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…