Windows Security doesn't recognize Avast 4.8

mctrout 20:15 31 Aug 08

Hello, The last couple of days I start my pc I get a message saying Windows Security doesn't recognize Avast 4.8 av program. Windows security says that it doesnt't recognize all av programs, so can anyone tell me how I can be sure that avast is working properly.
Thanks Mac

MAT ALAN 20:18 31 Aug 08

click here

this may help...

mctrout 20:59 31 Aug 08

I tried what you suggested, but the message still appears. In the windows security there is a box saying - I have an av program that I will monitor myself - should I tick that & not worry about the message. It probably seems a stupid question , but I am not all that sure how these programs work.
also I have installed SP3 & IE 7.0 just before this message started appearing, would that have anything to do with it

MAT ALAN 21:02 31 Aug 08

Might have, try uninstalling Avast and reinstalling...

zant 12:47 01 Sep 08

As long as Avast will update it’s working ok. Tick the box you mentioned. There are plenty of progs that Microsoft doesn’t recognise that work just fine.

provider 2 12:56 01 Sep 08
  mctrout 14:52 02 Sep 08

Thank you for replying, I uninstalled & reinstalled Avast but the message still comes up. But as Avast updates itself daily & it means it is OK, it's easy just to click once to get rid of the message.
Thanks again Mac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…