Windows Security Centre Service

Condom 22:33 22 Dec 10

I run Win 7.32 and everytime I start my PC the little white flag in my tray keeps advising me that the Windows Security Centre Service is turned off. I go there and try to click it on but nothing happens. Microsoft Security Essentials Ver 2 is working properly as is my firewall so I don't know why I am getting this message all the time.

I have scanned for viruses and malware both in normal mode and safe mode and everything is clear. I have even used an off site virus scanner all to no avail.

Anyone any ideas as to what has happened and how to cure this problem which looks like a false alarm.

peter99co 22:53 22 Dec 10

It can happen during startup because the sequence of events is incomplete until all tasks are running. Any check made by Security centre may be to early in the sequence.

I sometime see the firewall is stopped during startup but a check made asap shows it is OK.

Forum Editor 23:06 22 Dec 10

to the Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Condom 23:58 23 Dec 10

peter99co
your IMHO may be perfectly right here. Now the difficult one!!! Do you know how to change the order of startup so as to make the Security Centre check later in the process?

Sea Urchin 00:30 24 Dec 10

Are you sure it is the genuine Windows Security Center? There is a rogue anti-virus program called Security Center which is malware.

Try running the automated removal instructions from this link

click here

peter99co 12:01 24 Dec 10

Would be worth knowing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009