Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify

wee eddie 15:55 08 Aug 05

Spybot identified the above as a problem, also the one that follows:

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify

I have assumed that this is an even craftier version of Spyware and decided to ask here, before I delete it.

Maybe I should have deleted it immediately!

Your knowledge and opinions would be most helpful

crx1600 16:28 08 Aug 05

assuming you followed the advice ade.h in this thread click here then i think S&D is simply pointing out the registry change that was made.

ade.h 16:36 08 Aug 05

As crx says, if you followed my advice and changed that setting yourself, then it's okay. Spybot has alerted you to it because it is not inconcievable that some malware might be able to change security warnings in preparation for more serious activity. I think it unlikely that you have any such problem, though use a second (non-active) scanner such as A-Squared click here to be as sure as possible.

ade.h 16:37 08 Aug 05

If Symantec produces a fix for your previous problem in the near future, then you can switch the warning back on anyway. But don't hold your breath...

iambeavis 16:38 08 Aug 05

It's as crx1600 said. I've disabled the Security Centre and I get the same message.

ade.h 21:15 08 Aug 05

Nothing to worry about then. It's just Spybot being over zealous.

wee eddie 07:18 09 Aug 05

The reason I started this thread is that I had the highlighted problem with NAV about 4 to 5 weeks ago.

I run NAV, Spybot and Adaware about twice a week and this is the first mention of that particular item.

Maybe it came from Spybot's latest listings. I have deleted them and at present have not noticed any difference.

Mad Mick 08:44 09 Aug 05

Just ignore it. it is only since the last update to Spybot. I run Mc Afee and get the same warning. When I asked Spybot to fix the problem, it promtly disabled all my Mc Afee software. I have ignored this particular Spybot warning ever since without any adverse effects.

iambeavis 09:28 09 Aug 05

Right click on each item, in turn, and add to the "ignore list".

Shamto 20:03 09 Aug 05

THANK YOU

Shamto 20:06 09 Aug 05

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE FOR THEIR TIME AND HELP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…