Windows Security Alerts

Ian Mac 18:08 26 Jul 05

I'm using AVG anti-virus with Windows XP home SP2 I keep getting the the Security Center Alert up saying windows did not find any antivirus software on my PC but the AVG antivirus I'm using is one that Microsoft recommends, as anybody had this problem.

stalion 18:22 26 Jul 05

go to start,control panel click on the security shield then select change the way security centre alerts me and you can turn the virus warning off

rawprawn 19:12 26 Jul 05

I don't quite understand stalion's response. In "Change the way security centre alerts me" all my boxes are ticked which is default. I run AVG with no problem. I am sure there must be more to it than that.
I would reinstall AVG (Unistall the old one first) It only takes 5 minutes and is worth stry.

stalion 19:33 26 Jul 05

please do not send emails reply on here so that anyone can follow your thread.Turning off the security alert makes no difference so try a re-install of avg as suggested by rawprawn

Jackcoms 21:22 26 Jul 05

I assume that your AVG is an up-to-date version which is recognised by Security Centre?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…