Windows root\System32\hal.dll\

pj1664 11:53 10 Nov 09

Hi guys can anyone tell me how to install this currupt file as my xp wont boot saying file is miising or corrupt it says on boot up "please install the a copy of the actual file" how do I install a copy of the actuall file when it wont even give me the option of repairing the installation using the xp cd. I can get into repair and chkdsk /p but it normally gives you the option of installing a fresh copy or repairing a exixting copy (this option is not available). chkdisk dosent repir the volume. What would be my best option. I dont want to install a fresh copy, i want to save my documents and photos. Can anyone help with something I may have overlooked please.

Jollyjohn 12:57 10 Nov 09

Hi

Have a read of this click here
and this click here
Has worked for me.

pj1664 16:54 10 Nov 09

Thanks Jollyjohn, I think that file was corrected following your link but now its saying ntoskrnl.exe is missing, so I gone to system recovery and try to rectify this file been on google and i am finding several ways to do it but windows is not accepting the command, guess I am just have to keep finding the solution. I have a nasty feeling there are going to be alot of corrupt files to rectify before windows is up and running........seems like this nasty things only happends to me. Thank you for your link tough.

beeuuem 17:48 10 Nov 09

Have you looked at click here ?

pj1664 21:15 17 Nov 09

Sorry guys for the long absence but had to go away for business, I tried all that was mentioned but it kept coming up with more missing files, so I got fed-up and installed a fresh copy of windows. Resolved but not the result I was expecting. Thanks anyway for your help guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac