Windows reinstall problem

Hrosir 21:28 PM 03 Feb 12
Answered

Hi, I know I have asked this question before so I will apologise now,lol Originally my pc came with Windows XP. After buying a copy of Windows Vista and upgrading everything was fine until the Hdd failed. Wanting to get things up and running as fast as possible I tried to find the xp cd but failed! In my error I used the Upgrade disc on a brand new HDD by mistake and of course the disc will not run as it requires the old opearating system to upgrade! I have tried using the vista full version as well but again no luck as it will not upgrade to less than Vista Ultimate now. pleas ehelp me, I really do not want to pay Microsoft £46 to be told that I cannot do it!!

lotvic 22:26 PM 03 Feb 12
Answer

You don't need the XP cd. Here's how to do it just using the upgrade Vista DVD that you have got. Use Vista’s ‘upgrade’ version to clean-install ClickHere

Hrosir 22:37 PM 03 Feb 12

Well so far it makes sense, will try it later and post how I got on, thanks,

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED