Windows reinstall problem

Hrosir 03 Feb 12
Answered

Hi, I know I have asked this question before so I will apologise now,lol Originally my pc came with Windows XP. After buying a copy of Windows Vista and upgrading everything was fine until the Hdd failed. Wanting to get things up and running as fast as possible I tried to find the xp cd but failed! In my error I used the Upgrade disc on a brand new HDD by mistake and of course the disc will not run as it requires the old opearating system to upgrade! I have tried using the vista full version as well but again no luck as it will not upgrade to less than Vista Ultimate now. pleas ehelp me, I really do not want to pay Microsoft £46 to be told that I cannot do it!!

lotvic 03 Feb 12
Answer

You don't need the XP cd. Here's how to do it just using the upgrade Vista DVD that you have got. Use Vista’s ‘upgrade’ version to clean-install ClickHere

Hrosir 03 Feb 12

Well so far it makes sense, will try it later and post how I got on, thanks,

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message