Windows Registry Error

recap 17:43 26 May 03

Every other boot up from a cold start, I get the Windows encountered a registry error and will restart. I can shut the system down and start it back up within a couple of minutes and this will not happen.

Once it has rebooted, I get a message asking to update my CorrectConnect BB connection from NTL. Is it this that is causing the problem? Or

Is the O/S going down?

Should I reload the O/S or do a clean install.

I have done a Repair on the system but this still happens.

Your opinions please.

Ironman556 18:52 26 May 03

Try updating and see if the problem goes away.

If it doesn't, don't rush off into a re-format, you'll probably get some more responses.

If you have time to backup and wipe the hdd, then a clean install will probably do loads of good for your PC as it will clear off any junk you never use or which has crept onto your system.

Don't forget to backup internet connection details, favourites, emails as well as documents before doing it though.

961 19:12 26 May 03

This message can appear if one of your memory banks is faulty

It also happened to me when I installed an updated version of Zone Alarm. Once that had been removed the problem disappeared

There is an article on the Microsoft kb site about registry access problems

recap 20:58 26 May 03

961, you just jogged my memory with the Zonealarm update version. It could be that as I have just recently updated mine. I'll look in to that one further. Thanks for that.

Ironman556, thanks for your response. I always back up my most important files once a week, if not sooner. I also reformat every three month's or so, just to keep this old thing going. One of these days I'll do a CD copy of the system to make the reinstallation easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now