Windows Registry

User-178362 23:21 05 Aug 06

I have windows reg up on my screen I have the blue line across as if it is about to do something but it is just sitting there the start and cancel is faint (not active), can anyone please tell me how do I close this?

SANTOS7 23:44 05 Aug 06

Not sure where you are but it is not the registry, it does not have a start and cancel option..

rdave13 00:01 06 Aug 06

Something is wrong here. Can you shuttdown normaly, if not then I suggest you hold the "start" switch in for 10 seconds then Windows will start an emergency shutdown. Switch off at the "mains" and wait untill you have a cuppa. Switch on the mains and reboot. Hopefully you might get to boot Windows. Please give a list of your one firewall, one antivirus, one "live" anti-spyware and all the rest such as ewido. a2, lavasoft antispyware,spywareblaster, cwshredder, spybot..etc

User-178362 01:23 06 Aug 06

I did close it down the normal way via Start but I still had 3 boxes of Reg Clean.exe up with the blue line that tells you it is doing something but it just sat there. I did have a Start and a Cancel button but they were both faint so I could not act on them. I have AVG / Kerio Firewall, Ad-Aware, I have seen lavasoft or is that to do with my Adaware? I had Microsoft AntiSpyware but it as ran out of date, I am not sure how to update it to Beta 2 I just clicked on it to try to explain how far I get but then this forum closed down on me, second time today for no reason. I have a few post at the moment going on as I am having trouble since I had XP Pro installed, I need more than a cuppa. Thought I had everything under control untill XP came into my life.

rdave13 01:33 06 Aug 06

Lavasoft produce the Ad-aware antispyware,free or paid for program. Can't figure out this reg clean.exe prog that you have just doing nothing. When you load windows is everything normal? If so run Ccleaner, both the registry and windows or applications. See if that clears it.

User-178362 01:37 06 Aug 06

Thank for ansering at this late time I was just about to switch off, one of my problems is what do I have ticked in Ccleaner? once I have everying ticked I guess I just go ahead. I have looked at it today but unticked things as I wasn't sure on what I was doing.

User-178362 01:40 06 Aug 06

Thank for answering at this late time I was just about to switch off, one of my problems is what do I have ticked in Ccleaner? once I have everything ticked I guess I just go ahead. I have looked at it today but un ticked things as I wasn't sure on what I was doing.

rdave13 01:42 06 Aug 06

OK.I have everything ticked exept..autocomplete form history..empty recycle bin...old prefetch data and all the advanced menue.

User-178362 02:23 06 Aug 06

Thank you Rdave, Done what you said, I have also ticked advanced, but missed out Menu Order Cache, Window Size/Location Cache. Sorry if I sometimes get my threads mixed up. Have any more idea's to Reg Clean.exe? it is a shortcut on my desktop.

p;3 09:22 06 Aug 06

what probelm do you actually have, as I suggest it is very unwise to change ANY settings in the Registry unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing

rdave13 11:00 06 Aug 06

I have left the advanced menue box unticked! in ccleaner. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…