windows registry

Keti 18:06 18 Jul 05

i was installing a program which changed th security provider on windows registry,now when windows boot up it says can't verify licence acurately.Found out on the net I need to edit registry and delete two files which are not there.Can anyone help?

Thanks

DieSse 18:14 18 Jul 05

"I need to edit registry and delete two files which are not there"

Sorry but what kind of help were you thinking of, in deleting files that aren't there?

Can you explain your problem in some more detail - what software did you install - where did you get the advice from the web - any other relevant information please.

Keti 18:33 18 Jul 05

the advice was from: support.microsoft.com,the software I installed was Pc-Mighty.Two files which supposed to be in windows registry are:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers
Couldn't find the files on the registry.

regards
Alket

DieSse 19:53 18 Jul 05

Can you actually start the system?

Can you do a System Restore (what OS are you using)?

Does this help? click here

Keti 22:02 18 Jul 05

hi,sorry for the delay,i'm using XPpro,i can start the system,it loads up to the point when i need to sign in to my account then i get the error message, did try system restore,no success,canot restore to an earlier time.
I was wondering if there is any posibility to edit or add anything to the registry,not very good with such things

thanks for trying

VoG II 22:06 18 Jul 05

Can you give us the number of the Microsoft Knowledgebase article that you are referring to?

Keti 23:03 18 Jul 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…