Windows registering with microsoft help!!

nai123 21:43 29 Feb 08

I turn on my laptop and it wont let me log onto my settings as it says i need to register windows with microsoft so i click on ok and then i get a message to say that windows is already registered and then i get logged off. Can anyone advise me on what i need to do?

DieSse 23:42 29 Feb 08

"it says i need to register windows with microsoft"

Does it definitely use the word "register" - or is the word "activate"?

There has never been a need to register software with MS to the best of my knowledge.

lotvic 23:56 29 Feb 08

Activate and register Windows XP click here
""After you install Windows XP, you'll be asked to activate and register the software. Though activating and registering sound similar, these are actually two different steps that provide different benefits.""

""Activation is the process that unlocks Windows XP. This process helps ensure your software is genuine, which in turn helps protect you from inadvertently installing counterfeit software. If you were not able to activate Windows XP during the setup process, you should activate it as soon as possible after setup is complete. After 30 days, Microsoft will require you to activate Windows XP before allowing you to log on and use it. After you activate Windows XP, you can validate the operating system, which will grant you access to hundreds of free downloads.

Registration is optional and provides Microsoft with your contact information so that they can notify you of important updates and offers.""

have you validated your copy? (see the very bottom of webpage that I gave link to)

nai123 08:59 01 Mar 08

Ok i have checked and it says to activate but when i click on ok to activate i get another box appear which says it is already activated and to click ok and then it logs me off. Until i can get past this i can't log on to my settings or the internet.

Technotiger 09:34 01 Mar 08

I would give Microsoft at Reading in Berkshire a call, I think you will find them very helpful click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…