WINDOWS RECOVERED OF SERIOUS ERROR

wayne.1 22:08 09 Jul 03

i have windows xp and sometimes when i play the gard games or in microsoft word my computer freeze's and the image on my monitor gets to big and i have to restart the computer.then i get a message after restarting that microsoft has recovered from a serious error and do i want to send a report and when i click on the promblem of this message there's wording i don't understand this is now happening more and more and i'm getting fed up so please if anyone knows what this promblem is or know how to fix it please please help me
thanks

VoG II 22:10 09 Jul 03

You need to post here the "wording that you don't understand". Then we can help you. Please post the exact error message, thanks.

wayne.1 22:23 09 Jul 03

no error message just says windows has recovered from a serious error and when i click on the problem of this it says something like local folder/wayne/temp
any ideas

Jomi 22:37 09 Jul 03

When I first upgraded to XP I had a similar problem, I'm pretty sure now that it was an older Nvidia driver for my TNT2 32mb card.

What graphics card do you have?
Do you update the drivers?

wayne.1 11:06 10 Jul 03

i to think it is the graphic card i have a 3d prophet card and i have looked on their website but no new drivers for this problem anyone with any ideas?

Chegs ® 11:12 10 Jul 03

Have a look in the Error Log,it should give you a few clues (remind you what the Error message was)I cannot recall how to get to XP's Error log,other than "Help and Support"

wayne.1 11:16 10 Jul 03

i have tried to get a error log in the "help and support" but can't find error log

wayne.1 21:10 10 Jul 03

can any one help me?

endy 22:31 10 Jul 03

Look in 'Computer Manager' I have it on my task bar and I can't remember where it came from, I think it was Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

VoG II 22:35 10 Jul 03
  wayne.1 10:30 11 Jul 03

thank you very much vog that was very useful but so now i have this the event viewer said"the driver pmxdisp for the device/device/video0 got stuck in an infinite loop this may sound silly but i don't have a clue what this means and what it is and how to get it sorted does any one know
but i must say that you people on here are very good and i have learned a lot just using this website-thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…