windows reboots

redandy 18:28 04 Apr 07

when starting windows it gets to the desktop then just reboots again os is windows xp home all thoughts please

MAJ 18:45 04 Apr 07

Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, choose Properties, click the dvanced button, click the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery section. In the Sysyem Failure section, untick the Automatically Restart option, click OK, Apply and OK to exit. Now when Windows should give you an error message rather than restarting, What is that error message. It's sounds like some sort of conflict, either Hardware or software. Have you installed anything recently, a new drive maybe or some new software or driver update?

birksy 18:47 04 Apr 07

Something you've installed recently is screwing it up? Hardware or Software?
Go back to a restore point prior to problem.

redandy 18:51 04 Apr 07

cannot right click on my computer icon as it goes straight to reboot not giving me time to do that have installed no new software

VoG II 18:53 04 Apr 07

Will it start in Safe Mode? Keep tapping the F8 key before the Windows logo appears.

MAJ 18:54 04 Apr 07

Try tapping the F8 key on your keyboard while the PC is booting, that will bring up the startup menu, choose the "Last Known Good Configuration" option, (using the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard) and click Return, see if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac