windows re-start problem

mousetwo 09:12 16 Mar 04

i am using windows xp
even though i have just gone on to telewest broadband i cant help thinking the following prob-
is due to windows
the comp- restarts itself during any progs- i am using

temp003 09:31 16 Mar 04

If the problems started appearing just after installing broadband, then that has a good chance of being the cause.

Click Start, Run, type:

eventvwr.msc

and press Enter.

Look at the errors of the System log. Double click an error and read the information. It may not be comprehensible, but see if it gives you any pointer. If the error appears to be the same most of the time, that's what you should concentrate on.

You can also right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery, settings. Under system failure, untick the box for automatically reboot. click OK.

Next time the computer crashes, it will go into the blue screen of death, but you can write down the error message.

anon1 09:33 16 Mar 04

You really do have to at least give us a clue here, like, windows xp (what version) pc specs might be useful too. any error messages? When did this start happening? Did you recently install software of any kind? Is it only since you got broadband? Think about what you are asking and then understand it from the point of view of somebody who cannot see it happening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…