Windows Publisher

dfb70uk 23:06 26 Aug 03

Had to have a new hard drive and reinstall every thing.Windows 98se and OFFICE 2000, but where has Publisher gone I had it before.
Also at start up I get a panel telling me I have "no AutomaticSkip Drive critical problems on this M/C". there seems to be no way of gettig rid of this. Any help appreciated
Regards
Dave

Eastender 23:15 26 Aug 03

With my Office 2000, 'Publisher' came on disk 2.

Sorry can't help with your second point.

Pesala 23:17 26 Aug 03

As far as I know, and that is not very far with MS products, MS Publisher is a separate program, and not part of MS Office Suite.

Forum Editor 23:24 26 Aug 03

is an integral part of some versions of MS Office 2000, but not of others. Whether or not it will be installed as part of Office is dependent upon which version you have.

Automatic Skip Driver (ASD) identifies failures that have caused Win98SE to stop responding on previous startups and marks them so they are bypassed on subsequent startups. The message is telling you that all is well. Offhand I can't tell you how to stop it displaying, because I don't currently have access to a Win98 machine, but you may find an option in the system configuration settings. I suggest that you go to the help files and type ASD into the search box, although someone who uses the same Windows version may post the information here.

jazzypop 23:30 26 Aug 03

ASD can be accessed via Start > Programs > Accessories > System > System Information

Or just type ASD into the Start > Help file

dfb70uk 22:34 27 Aug 03

Thanks Eastender of course I had not installed disk 2,so OK now.
On the ASD front I had tried Help but does not tell you how to hide it.

Anyway thanks everybody,
dfb70uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…