Windows Protection Error

Helino 11:58 13 Feb 03

I wonder if anyone out there can help me before I throw my computer out the window. Firstly I would ask that any suggestions are put in plain, simple English as I am not a computer buff and don't understand all the abbreviations, etc.

Basically I'm using Windows ME and recently, when trying to shutdown, I get the blue windows protection error screen and have to restart my computer. This seems to have started when BT sent an e-mail to upgrade our internet connection but I can't be 100% positive this is the cause. Again, not being an expert I'm loathe to delete my internet connection and start again as I don't want to lose all my e-mail addresses, etc.

Can anyone help or let me know if more information is required to answer this problem.

Many thanks.

MichelleC 12:10 13 Feb 03

I'm not an ME buff, but is there a restore point you can return to before things went odd? Also a scandisk and defrag in safemode is a good idea.

JoeC 12:28 13 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…