Windows Protection Error

pj1664 15:06 12 Sep 04

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what "windows protection error" means and what causes this and what's the cure for this. One of my pc's won't boot up, it keeps saying "windows protection error" press any key but it still does not load up. It gives me 5 different options to load up and I hav tried loading up in safe mode but cant see anyting that I need to do. Any ideas anyone? I am using windows 98. Thank you.

VoG II 15:10 12 Sep 04

click here
should help you.

pj1664 09:52 23 Sep 04

Ok so I have tried Vog's suggestion not much luck,
I have tried starting in command promt to my old good registry but guess what, windows cant find any old or backdated registry. I thought windows alwas backs up a registry each time it starts up. I have tried starting in safe mode and tried windows registry chaecker by typing scanregw.exe and nothing, all it does is make a backup of the last windows startup which is in safe mode, so that didn't work. I have tried running my anti virus and mcfae stinger tool to find if any virus is causing the problem but nothing is comming up.
Basically on a normal startup all I get is "windows protection error press any key" and when I press any key it says "Its now safe to turn your computer off". I made a back up copy of my start up disk last week, will this floppy disk work? I dont just want to try it and end up reinstall windows as I do want to keep my existing files and setup. Will this floppy disk start windows up to my existing setup. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…