windows programme failure

grizzley 13:59 12 Dec 06

can anyone help me sort out a problem occured monday 11th dec:

problem-downloade regscrub and ran, autofixed problems, found over 200, since then my computer has stopped working properly. all programme files have been turned into system files.exe and windows can not run them at all.i have tried restart failed,manufactures disks failed.restore failed.can not read disks as they appear as files on computer. only way to run programmes would be to use online programmes only not download. i have access to internet and email only.

computer: EI Systems 4416,windows xp-sp2 upto date before this problem. i would appreciate all the advice on fix's i can get. thankyou

Technotiger 14:13 12 Dec 06

Hi, there is an undo facility in RegScrub, which should put everything back as was. I have never had to use it, but you will find Restore on the RegScrub main window.

I run RegScrub regularly, not had any problems so far!

Technotiger 14:16 12 Dec 06

Hmmm, reading you Post again, I see you might not be able to access the Restore. If you are using XP, perhaps a Repair with the XP disc?

grizzley 14:26 12 Dec 06

thankyou for the replies. unfortunately the regscrub backup folder entry can not be used it is classed as a system file and windows can not access it,computer restore is same as for disks they do not work either it does try but the files on disks shown on the drive are also shown as system files and can not be accessed.i have tried. any other ideas.disks are manufactures recovery disks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…