windows product activation error

X-treme 15:56 28 Apr 05

hi, i recently had to re-install windows XP pro on a computer and now i am getting an error saying ("windows product activation" a problem is preventing windows from accuratly checking the license for this computer. error code:0x800703e6. i ran scan disk on it and avg virus scanner etc. but nothing has worked....

any ideas?

quack 16:01 28 Apr 05

Activate by using the Telephone Representative function instead of trying to activate online.

X-treme 16:11 28 Apr 05

im not trying to activate it, the error wont let me log on to my computer. i keep getting that error message then i click ok and it goes away for bout 2secs then re-appears...

Chegs ® 16:53 28 Apr 05

Possible Resolution:

Boot into "Safe Mode" by pressing (F8) during a reboot.

Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.

The above is for XP Home user who had to keep reactivating every boot.I am still looking thru the rest of the forum,as google indicated there is another thread with the exact error code when trying to activate their XP Pro,only the index page has hundreds of threads listed. click here

Chegs ® 17:11 28 Apr 05

click here

Or follow M$ advice by using the Recovery Console to alter the WPA sequence.

DANO 50 04:15 15 Sep 05

Tried the Tip on page 180 of the September issue # 122 . It did not work. Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…