Windows picture viewer

chrisjmat 00:08 22 Jun 09

Hi

Windows picture viewer has disappeared! If I right click on a photo to open with it appears as an option but nothing happens. I have acdc installed but both have worked fine together for many years.
Help to restore this viewer please
Thanks

steve

Sea Urchin 00:25 22 Jun 09

Try this kellys korner tweak - scroll down to Line 80 and use Restore Picture and Fax Viewer

click here

If this doesn't work try re-installing Windows Picture and Fax Viewer - click on Start, Run... and type in the text:

regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll

(note space before and after /i)

and press OK. Then press OK again on the resulting success message

chrisjmat 21:07 23 Jun 09

Hi Sea Urchin,

Thanks for this but both suggestions did not work any other ideas would be welcome ?

chrisjmat 21:18 23 Jun 09

Hi When i open the jpeg in preview it opens in windows viewer. However when I try to change the properties from ACDC to windows fax viewer it doesn't change and defaults to acdc. Any ideas how to change this or is there a fault in the acdc programme?

peter99co 21:27 23 Jun 09

My ACDC took over and in the end I uninstalled it.

Maybe there is a solution but I never found it.

If ACDC is working OK stay with that because it is a good file manager. It labeled all my photographs as well.

chrisjmat 16:29 24 Jun 09

Thxs for your help will stay with it and enjoy it's peculiarities!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…