Windows Picture & Fax Viewer editing

knockin on 15:47 23 Aug 10

When the 'open picture for editing' button is selected, the editor opened is always Microsoft Paint.

Is there any way of choosing an alternative editor which can be accessed from Pic and Fax viewer via the same button?

lotvic 15:57 23 Aug 10

If you rightclick on the 'open picture for editing' button and then choose 'Open With' you will get a choice of programs.

knockin on 16:06 23 Aug 10

I am using XP pro.
I do not see an 'open picture for editing' button, only 'open with'. This changes the association for viewing, which I do not want.
I just want pic and fax viewer to go to a different editor from Paint when opening pic for editing

woodchip 16:16 23 Aug 10

Yes you press Open with then choose your editing Program from the list and put a tick in the box to always use that program

Sea Urchin 21:34 23 Aug 10

You say

"I do not see an 'open picture for editing"

but in the original question you say

"When the 'open picture for editing' button is selected"

Both can't be right can they?

lotvic 00:05 24 Aug 10

When you are looking at the picture (you have opened it to view it) in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

Instead of leftclicking - you RIGHTCLICK on the 'open picture for editing' button and then choose 'Open With' you will get a choice of programs.

knockin on 02:03 24 Aug 10

Yes, my mistake.
I misunderstood your instruction.
All is well now - thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple