Windows Picture and fax viewer

Vashti 22:45 06 Dec 06

I am trying to click on windows picture and fax viewer in folder options. I go into windows explorer and then tools and folder options. File types, New. I then put a new file type in the box that I want pictures and fax viewer to open. When I click on Advanced and then Associated file type I cannot find pictures and fax viewer anywhere in the list. Where is it???

woodchip 22:58 06 Dec 06

If you Are BroadBand it does not work with it. But you can check to see if its installed by Going to Control Panel\Add Remove Programs\Windows Setup and look for the Program, Put a Tick in the box if its not been loaded

burnlea 11:46 05 Apr 07

When trying to open images emailed as attachments in Hotmail, Firefox gives the option to open with a selection of possible viewers, but Windows Picture and Fax viewer isn't in the list. How can I get it into the list?

woodchip 12:26 05 Apr 07

Just try double click the file, windows will find the program to open it if you have one

VoG II 12:35 05 Apr 07

Check that you have this registry entry click here

Stuartli 13:24 05 Apr 07

If you right click on a picture file in My Pictures and then click on Open With, the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer should be listed as an option.

This is an alternative to the double click on a (My Pictures) file as mentioned by woodchip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…