Windows Photo Gallery & Live Photo Gallery problem

vjv 15:31 05 Mar 11

Hi, I am runnning Vista Home on my system. On C drive is Windows Photo Gallery and when I downloaded W Live Mail, Live Photo Gallery came along as well onto C drive. Prior to this, as a back-up I had installed Picasa on drive H. So, in effect I have three lots of photos on my system. I was wanting to get rid of W Photo Gallery but when I tried deleting just one photo, it also deleted the same photo in Live Gallery and Picasa. How can I keep W Live Gallery and Picasa but delete W Photo Gallery. Any help / assistance appreciated. Peter

hssutton 17:16 05 Mar 11

You don't have three lots of photos, only links to the originals, which I'm guessing are in "My Pictures"

Ex plorer 11:29 07 Mar 11

I have Vista OS.

I have Picasa, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows live Photo gallery, and Canon Digital Photo Pro.

I down loaded from my canon camera to pictures.

Since then I made separate folders in pictures and dragged and dropped what I wanted to save to those named folders.

I have just tried what you have done and the photo I deleted from Windows Photo Gallery is in the Bin.

The photo still remains in Windows Live and Picasa and canon Digital Photo Pro.
They remain in the folders I created in Pictures.

Copying or moving photos to folders.
I think you remove photos from windows Photo gallery as it does from Picasa.
From windows live it copies the photo.

I have just started this week on sorting photos so I am learning.

Ex plorer 14:46 07 Mar 11

Windows Photo Gallery came with Vista and was later updated to Windows Live .click here you may find it difficult to delete or remove.
Type in Google (Deleting Windows Photo Gallery) for information.

vjv 16:51 07 Mar 11

Hi, many thanks to HSutton and Ex Plorer for their input. I now understand a little better how the pictures are stored and then displayed by the 3 different photo-management suites on my system. Regards VJV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…