Windows password

gazmo4 12:43 27 Nov 07

Im really stuck, for my college coursework i had to try out different things with CMD, and i typed in "net user adam password overide" or "net user adam password*" im not sure which one it was.

But now when i turn on my pc it asks for a password, i dont no what the password is and there is no hint, what can i do to get rid of this?

would be gratefull if i could get help as i am on my stepdads pc at the moment

anskyber 12:47 27 Nov 07

If it's recent why not do a system restore.

gazmo4 12:50 27 Nov 07

I cant get into my computer, once i switch it on it asks for a password to log in, like it normally would for people that set a password, or have multiple accounts on one pc

MAJ 12:54 27 Nov 07

Go into the Administrators account in Safe Mode (tap the F8 key on startup) and remove or set a new password from the account.

anskyber 12:54 27 Nov 07

Try it in safe mode click here

MAJ 12:55 27 Nov 07

chances are there's no password on the Safe Mode Admin account.

gazmo4 13:03 27 Nov 07

thanks MAJ, such a simple solution, i should no that as i am doing computing and networking at college haha. next tim*e ill think more

gazmo4 13:03 27 Nov 07

thanks MAJ, such a simple solution, i should no that as i am doing computing and networking at college haha. next time ill think more

gazmo4 13:06 27 Nov 07

Didnt mean to double post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…