Windows Password

iconoclast 12:25 17 Aug 06

The password I use for Windows XP is not working and I may have made a mistake in recording it...the 'tip' isn't helpful. How can I find out what the password is?

rodriguez 12:37 17 Aug 06

I'll make you a boot CD with a program that will reset the Windows password and post it in a few mins.

rodriguez 12:49 17 Aug 06

click here enter the 3 digit security code in the box near the top and press the download button. When the CD boots press 1, then select the drive Windows is installed on. It will then search the SAM database and show a list of usernames on your computer. Select the username with the password that you want to reset and make sure there's a X in the reset box. Then press Y to save and Esc to exit. Restart the computer and your Windows password should be gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…