WINDOWS PAGE SET UP ODDITY

bartonside 14:07 02 Aug 06

I have a couple of documents set up for letters which go on different letterheadings. I have set the page margins correctly and yet both documents don't obey this and jump over to page 2 before I reach the bottom of the page 1. Micrsoft Word Help is, in fact, no help. Any ideas folks?

sean-278262 14:09 02 Aug 06

Would help to tell us what version of Word you have as over time differences have appeared in solving many problems over the various versions. I still know people using word 98!

bartonside 14:11 02 Aug 06

I am using Word 2002 SP3.

Sethhaniel 14:12 02 Aug 06

check paper size - I think it defaults to 'american' letter = which is slightly different in size to A4
;)

wiz-king 14:18 02 Aug 06

look at the document in 'editing mode' - use backward P tab on the toolbar - and remove any line breaks or tabs that you dont need.

bartonside 14:27 02 Aug 06

I've checked the paper size on one of the troublesome documents and it is set at A4. Now it has just reset the bottom margin for me saying it was outside the printable area and all seems fine. Ah - the mysteries of Word. The Help facility is far too complex and doesn't take you stage by stage through the process in easy to understand language. Works used to have its own, simpler word processor which I much preferred. End of rant!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017