windows onecare live problems

sinbad1 15:18 16 Dec 05

Some time ago i downloaded the beta version of windows onecare live, there were some problems after the download,so i uninstalled it.Since then i have been getting errors three errors in my event viewer code 24.

I have been unable to solve this problem although i did find the same problem click here and although they suggest a fix for this problem which i tried i still get the errors.

Has anyone had this problem or know if there is a cure. The computer works fine apart from the errors which i'd like to sort?

running xp home

sinbad1 16:36 16 Dec 05

ant ideas?

sinbad1 18:29 16 Dec 05

PaulB2005 18:32 16 Dec 05

Depends what was causing the Error 24 - click here

PaulB2005 18:32 16 Dec 05

If WinMgmt then click here

PaulB2005 18:33 16 Dec 05

System Restore to before you installed it?

Reinstall it and then uninstall it?

sinbad1 22:40 16 Dec 05

thanks for your response if you click on my link it gives the exact cause of the problem with a fix that for me doesn't work.

there are apparently a lot of other users of the windows one care beta that have had the same problem.

I have run the fix and removed registry files but still end up with the errors.System restore makes no difference.

I could reinstall the software in the hope it will correct the errors ;but now have to pay for it. Not prepared to do that just want to get rid of it.

reformat is not an option.

sinbad1 08:50 17 Dec 05

problem is sorted

PaulB2005 08:51 17 Dec 05

Can you tell us how in case any one else wants to know?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…