Windows (old) How To kill It?

craneman01 21:57 05 Jun 08

Got new computer a few days ago. Due to a few glitches by the supplying company, the op system would not load & was advised by them to reinstall.
did that but the program, instead of formatting the drive, put the old op system in mothballs & reinstalled the working system in tandem.
I now have a nice folder called "Windows (old)" which does nothing.
Tried to delete it but get the same response everytime "YOUR DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO DELETE THIS FOLDER"
Am logged in as administrator & have all the permissions I can get but cannot get rid of it. Is taking a nice bit of HDD space so any suggestions would be appreciated.

grey george 22:03 05 Jun 08

If you know the path of this folder can you boot to dos prompt and delete it the old fashion way from dos? ie del c:\path\ windows old.xxx you may need the ~ key to shorten the path for dos. or it maybe the rd remove directory command its been a while since I used it

MAT ALAN 22:06 05 Jun 08

click here

this may help...

Technotiger 22:08 05 Jun 08

I don't know if this will help ... click here

woodchip 22:19 05 Jun 08

Have you tried right click the folder and change properties to archive, it may be set to read only

craneman01 22:42 05 Jun 08

Sory guys. Have asked the file to archive itself, which it did. But got the dreaded " You do not have permission..."

Technotiger. Have downloaded Regcure but am unsure as what to do with it in this context. can you please advise.

grey George. A valiant attempt but am not that good at Dos. Not sure where to start!

MAT ALAN 22:51 05 Jun 08

click here

try this first....

wis 23:03 05 Jun 08

sorry confused, you buy new pc ,and you have to sort this out,please post where from ,not good
send back big stile, paid on card money back

woodchip 23:26 05 Jun 08

Warranties do not cover software problems

wis 23:48 05 Jun 08

woodchip
yes i take your point
but buy product it should be fit for purpose ie
work from new , this does not

Forum Editor 23:54 05 Jun 08

and delete the entire contents. Then delete the empty folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…