windows on occasions will not boot up from start

Duckdown 22:46 14 Aug 03

Can any one help I have x.p. professional and on accasions it refuses to boot up after unpluging the system putting the plug back and pressing the power on switch it starts up fine this is just an intermitent fault and allthough it does not cause me problems my wife is convinced the computer hates her( well maybe it does) I will be gratfull for any advice on this

Jester2K II 22:47 14 Aug 03

So what DOES happens on those occassions when it refuses to boot up?

Duckdown 18:33 16 Aug 03

when I press the power start up the fan runs but windows does not boot up the screan remains blank after pulling the plug and replacing the plug press start up its fine could the procceser temp. settings be to low for this weather and the system is not allowing it to boot up till the temp. lowers please advice somebody

thank you duckdown

wiznyme 20:14 16 Aug 03

When it's failed to reboot has it been shut down or in hibernation, I sometimes get a similar problem with hibernation and have to press reset to get sys to boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…