Windows NT - parallel port card reader

georgemac © 15:45 10 Feb 05

I am at work, and have got the IT dept to purchase and install a parallel port compact flash card reader so I can get the pictures from the digital camera on to the PC - no USB support!

However, they cannot get the thing to work (also bear in mind they have to do this remotely as I am on an oil platform - the hardware was installed by the comms tech).

They seem to be at a loss as to what to try next - just wondering if anyone has any experience of setting these up - do the parallel port settings have to be chaged in the bios or anything?

I obviously cannot access these myself but any information I could get the comms tech to try.

buscrew 16:00 10 Feb 05

Try changing the BIOS setting from SPP to ECP
(Standard Parallel Port - Extended Capabilities Poet)

buscrew 16:00 10 Feb 05

should be Port

RealDopey 16:01 10 Feb 05

What make an model is it?

georgemac © 17:16 10 Feb 05

don't know only saw the box fleetingly - it is from the far east - a big silver reader - also takes pcmia card - will ask the comms tech if he can check the prot settings in the bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…