windows not starting

triflesterms 14:13 11 Mar 05

Ive recently brought a hard drive thats installed with windows xp pro, but for some reason its not loading, i cant even load in safe mode, all i get is a blue screen that flashes for a split second then my pc reboots.
Hope someone can help.

Technotiger 14:23 11 Mar 05

Hi, could possibly be a loose or ill-fitted connection somewhere. I would suggest a thorough check throughout, especially ide connections both ends, and that cables are on correct way round.

triflesterms 15:09 11 Mar 05

Ive double checked all connections etc, though sometimes my monitor doesnt power up, any other ideas?

Technotiger 15:12 11 Mar 05

Is your monitor powered via pc or powered separately?

triflesterms 16:01 11 Mar 05

its powered through my pc

Technotiger 16:05 11 Mar 05

As I suspected - in that case I would suspect a possibly faulty PSU. I say this from recent personal experience.

woodchip 16:09 11 Mar 05

The Hard Drive is not configured for your Computer Drivers and MS Operating System is set for different computer

Technotiger 16:14 11 Mar 05

woodchip is probably correct - I didn't think of that right away, cos of my recent problem, which on the face of it was similar to yours. But woodchip is more - much more - expert than me.

Cheers :-0

triflesterms 16:18 11 Mar 05

not sure what psu, how do i configure?

Technotiger 16:23 11 Mar 05

PSU is the Power Supply Unit which runs the whole sheebang. But take note of woodchip's comment, there-in may lie the problem.

If it is the PSU, it is relatively easy and not terribly expensive to replace. I would suggest, if necessary, get at least a 400W power supply, but as always Bigger is Better.

triflesterms 17:04 11 Mar 05

ok, i want to configure first before trying the power supply unit, does anyone know how to configure the hd to my pc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…