Windows not recognizing URL's!

haricot 11:46 29 Sep 07

I've had one go at this but although VoG kindly came back with a part solution , it did'nt maintain.

When I get responses from you guys in answer to calls for help (and brilliant at it you all are ) I cannot get further than seeing the URL's that you offer. Up comes an error message saying
"Windows cannot find (then it quotes the Url) please ensure that you have typed the name correctly and try again" end of message.

Does anyone know how to cure this please ?

Marko797 11:57 29 Sep 07

Don't know what VoG has said b4, but have u looked in either: ur internet option settings, or ur firewall settings?

VoG II 12:00 29 Sep 07

Previous thread click here

haricot 15:09 29 Sep 07

Not being over clever , what am I looking for in Internet Options ? I'm not that experienced in these sort of things.

haricot 16:05 29 Sep 07

Hi again VoG and Marko797

I have just RE-TRIED VoG's remedy and it works better. That is to say it still shows the Error Message (as I explained in my opening question) but then in a flash it disappears and up comes the URL Page that I was directed to.
There is obviously something still amiss with it but at least I now seem to be able to get the Url page that I was being directed to.

Thanks a million to VoG.

Ps. There seems to be a prob: with my IE. But thats another day !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…