Windows not recognizing external USB 2.0 rewriter

SebBux 12:53 PM 31 May 13

I have connected a Samsung SE-208DB External USB 2.0 rewriter to my MSI U130 Notebook. This is a external rewriter that you plug in and it's ready to go strait away,.

First time i connected drive to notebook the drive icon showed in My Computer and started to read the system restore disc i had in it, but the little blue circle appeared, so i turned the notebook off/on.

Since using the off/on method i don't get the drive icon showing in My Computer. The drive still makes the noises like it's trying to install disc and the light flashes on rewriter.

It seems Windows 7 is not recognizing the external dvd drive

Can someone please advise how to fix problem?

rdave13 18:56 PM 31 May 13

Can you see it in device manager? If so then right click and select uninstall. Still in device manager click on Action at the top. You might have to click twice so that you get the option to " Scan for hardware changes ". Try the scan.

SebBux 17:05 PM 01 Jun 13

Thanks for reply rdave13.

I have carried out your information, no luck.

Basically, nothing at all shows that the drive is connected when pluged into notebook. As stated already. I have a system restore disc in the drive and it make the noise like it's trying to load when connected to notebook.

onthelimit1 09:17 AM 03 Jun 13

Can you try the drive in a different PC/notebook?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016