Windows not recognising disc

eedcam 13:55 29 Apr 06

Having just installed Win tv Nova-T tied to set 'd;; to record straight to dvd and the Error mmessage came up windows cannot read the cd rom in the drive please etc Everything else does any ideas please

ScarFace(M.O.D) 14:02 29 Apr 06

am i to understand that you are trying to record straight to cd/dvd. should u not be saving it to your hard drive first, (i think it does this in mpeg-2. are you putting it on to a dvd or cd? as i tihink only dvd will work, if on to dvd, have you got the right dvd writer or just data cd writer

eedcam 15:02 29 Apr 06

Yes I am it is mpeg2 I have a dvd writer and have no problem writing to disc with other programmes .the info with wintv is crapand only seems to save window media files which I believe dont write to dvd .It says on the box you can record digital tv to dvd disc and you can select the drive but the nocando message comes up. It may well be me but am not a happy bunny.If there is some other process to be done it dont mention it in the manual.Help

ScarFace(M.O.D) 13:14 02 May 06

im not familiar totally with that software, your best bet is to phone the helpline that should be on the box, they should be able to give you a step by step guide through doing it, if it says on the box u can, u can. its just finding out how. you may have to change certain settings, or anything and rather than give u the wrong advice id say try that. if there isnt a helpline go to the website and see there.

sorry i couldnt help any more thn that.
:)

ScarFace(M.O.D) 13:15 02 May 06

have you tried recording it on to your computer? if so if that program is refusing to put it onto dvd, try using something else that will write onto dvd's i know its a fuss but....
:)

eedcam 17:49 02 May 06

Thanks scarface my mistake it does say you can put 3 hours on a dvd but not how I rang them today and have some freeware to check out apparently needs converting to go on dvd though they are both mpeg2.Done it last night with some trial but not free software took over 1 and a half hours to put about 30 minutes of rcording from the hard drive hardly worth the bother.
Thanks again
Jay

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…