Windows not genuine

DavyLad 11:42 20 Feb 09

I have a strange one. I have been using Windows Vista home edition for a couple of months now, without any problems. I switched on last night, only to be that Windows is not genuine. I have not changed any hardware, or added anything, except programs. Has anyone any ideas on how to solve this? Incidentally, I have run system restore and it seemed to work,except when I reboot I get the same message that Windows is not genuine and it waits activate it. I have tried the product key, but it just throws it out.

Sea Urchin 11:46 20 Feb 09
  Sea Urchin 11:49 20 Feb 09

Or this

click here

birdface 12:00 20 Feb 09

According to this Microsoft do not care if it is already has a genuine copy or not.

click here

As their version was already authenticated it may mean that they had a virus on there computer.So maybe run your security programs just to be in the safe side.

DavyLad 09:41 23 Feb 09

Thanks folks. Problem now resolved. I took it back to factory settings, after backing up the data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…