Windows None essential Updates

amyjen7 10:14 AM 24 Apr 11

I have 4 nonessential up dates "nVidia - Display, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Update for Windows Vista - English (KB937286) VIA - Network - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter LG - Display - LG L226W(Digital)" I am always nervous of messing things up by adding up dates although all 4 are applicable to hardware on my PC. As anyone got any views on this please? Kind regards Keith

johndrew 10:32 AM 24 Apr 11

Updates from nVidia are for your display and graphics cards. Often these need not be installed unless you are an avid gamer, in which case they may well help some games run better.

The Vista update is for the 'Help' facility within Windows which can be of value in the event of a problem.

The last is a driver update for the ethernet adapter within your motherboard.

Whilst all four are optional, I find that installing such updates may make the PC run smoother/quicker and may prevent other updates clashing with some software. Certainly some are quite large, but can be downloaded/installed when you have little to do.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…