windows - no memory and v.slow after reinstall.

Ramification 10:34 08 Apr 04

hi, ive reinstalled windows xp pro on my HD and it was running nicely. i installed all the macafee products- firewall, virus check and security. but i decided that the password ooption at startup from macafee security was not needed so i uninstalled this program.
after rebooting the pc is very slow and when i try to open any media it says theres not enough memory. it also takes ageeees to boot up and shut down now. i get a blue startup screen from xp saying 'xp starting up'or something that i never got before.
i have 512 memory in there, and 2 big HD's.
please help! thanks.
ps: how do i boot up in safe mode? can i undo recent changes this way?

heribierto 11:15 08 Apr 04

the way to log on in safe mode is: when you switch on your system, tap FUNCTION KEY 8 several times and the system should then start in safe mode
Heribierto

heribierto 11:17 08 Apr 04

once you are in safe mode I suggest that you go to program, accessories and run ' maintenance wizard'
heribierto

Ramification 11:32 08 Apr 04

thanks, i was under the impression that F8 was for the boot devices selection.... will have a go when i get home anyways. thanks heribierto.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…