Windows no disc error messages after external hard

conradwebster 15:08 01 Jan 09

I have installed a WD external hard drive and now find the computer is reading this drive first when I try to log on or off resulting in a 'windows no disc' error message which requires cancelling up to six times before the C drive is read. How can I alter settings to avoid this please?

tullie 15:11 01 Jan 09

Assuming its usb,you dont install it,just plug it in.Go into the bios and make sure the correct drive is the first boot device.Dont know why it should be booting from external though.

conradwebster 15:45 01 Jan 09

Went into bios and yes the external drive was first to boot. I changed the order so it is last but there is no change. I am not sure if the external drive was the only one in parenthesis but now they all are. Any further suggestions?

tullie 15:47 01 Jan 09

Dont know answer,im sure someone will help.Did you save the settings when you changed them?

conradwebster 15:52 01 Jan 09

Yes I did. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:53 01 Jan 09

Disable boot from USB in the BIOS

conradwebster 16:48 01 Jan 09

I tried that without success. How do I enable it again? the shift + or - doesn't seem to do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…