windows networking missing file

diesel1 19:47 29 Apr 04

on boot up i get the error message WINDOWS NETWORKING unable to load the dynamiclink library: msnp.dll . The system cannot find the file specified .Some or all of the following feature is not available : Microsoft Network. I am running on windows 98 se. I have put the file onto a floppy from another PC & loaded it into my system file in windows but still getting error message on boot up.Help Please any suggestions?

stalion 19:49 29 Apr 04

look here for the missing dll click here

diesel1 20:06 29 Apr 04

i have the file on floppy but do not know where to put it

stalion 20:55 29 Apr 04

if you go to the above site there is a diagnostic tool you can download to help find where to put your dll.Regards

diesel1 22:03 29 Apr 04

have downloaded tool as advised & put file in required location but still getting error message on boot up, thanks for help. any other suggestions please

diesel1 22:12 29 Apr 04

ran another test now missing file pcximp32.flt where can i get this any ideas please?

vinnyo123 22:41 29 Apr 04

"client for microsoft networks"

So right click on "network neighborhood" click "properties"

If you see "client for microsoft networks" in there....uninstall it..reboot, reinstall it. (if it prompts about your network not being complete, just keep going)

That will probably fix part of the problem.Might work.

vinnyo123 22:42 29 Apr 04

Go into add/remove programs
Go to windows programs

Remove dialup networking
reboot
add dial up networking

or this!

diesel1 16:57 13 May 04

thanks everyboby for the help is now sorted lost my isp so could not reply sooner . Many Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…