Windows Networking

kentylad 19:08 07 Mar 03

I have 2 PC's, one with ME and the other XP Pro both on a P2P network. I have got both PC's to see eacg other and share files, along with the XP pro system playing host to a BB connection to the internet which the ME uses with no problems.

However, the ME system has a printer installed which I would like to share with the XP pro system. I have gone through the 'Add printer' wizard ans installed new drivers etc for the XP system, however when going to print it comes up with an error asking me to check whether the printer is 'online' of whether the network connection is ok. Like I said before, the network connection must be Ok as I am sharin files along with I/net.

Kind regards

Nick

Lú-tzé 22:40 08 Mar 03

Does the printer need to be switched on?

howard60 22:52 08 Mar 03

have you actually set the printer up from the xp machine ie start - settings - printers - add printer - network printer - browse to the entire network not just the me machine in entire network you should see the printer hanging off the me machine.

hellred 06:07 09 Mar 03

have you set the printer to share ?

kentylad 16:26 09 Mar 03

Yeh I have added the printer via the xp machine

I then installed the XP drivers for the printer d/l from the net

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…