WIndows Network Problems

TicTacToc 13:37 15 Jun 06

Hi all,
I am having problems with my windows network in sharing files.

I seemed to have tried everything, over what seems relatively obvious.

I have a wireless router, (Linksys WRT54G V2) a desktop (Belkin PCI Wireless Card), and a laptop (Intel Wireless 2200BG Card).

When I first set up wireless network I seemed to remember everything was fine but I couldn't access my desktop from my laptop (but I coudl the other way round.)

Now it is more of a problem as it is the other way round. I do not know how to explain everything, as I have tried a few things so I will try and keep the following simple:

1) From my Desktop I can not go into 'Microsoft Windows Network' in 'My Network Places', while from my laptop I can open it to get MSHOME, and my two computers. Does it sound like there is a simple setting I have changed on one of my computers that has stopped my Desktop being able to access my laptop? The IP of my desktop is 192.168.2.101 and of my laptop it is 192.168.2.102

Any ideas?
If more detail is needed just ask and I'll try to include somre more.

Thanks in advance.

TicTacToc 22:59 15 Jun 06

no one?

woodchip 23:05 15 Jun 06

Did you use the Network Wizard to create the Network? and did you create the floppy when it said to use on other comps?

TicTacToc 12:36 17 Jun 06

Yes I did - I used a sd card in a card reader for the settings bit.

I had the networking fnie, but then ; grr I don't know, it's not working now.

I don't really know what to describe or explain, it seems so complicated.

I had it working before kinda, but goddess knows how I've set up my router and whether I've messed up stuff or anything.

Are there any good guides anywhere?

I'll reset my router first and go from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…