windows needs to restart

Stressed Mum 09:53 AM 21 May 13

Windows 7 - HP Laptop. recently attempted to install Nuance PDF Converter. Since then not been able to access anything on wnidows. keep getting messages that Windows needs to restart and is attempting to fix the problem. I have started in safe mode - same problem and also I have used safe mode with cmd prompt. Managed to get to programme to uninstal and it shows uninstalled on safe mode command prompt - but not uninstalled on normal windows and messages still keep blocking access to everything. Run scannow - nothing shows up. Oh golly - please can someone help me - I perhaps need to system restore (if there's a restore point) but cant get there... maybe a cmd prompt in safe mode would get me there? thanks for any advice. SM :(

rdave13 10:02 AM 21 May 13

Start system restore from CMD, link.

onthelimit1 10:04 AM 21 May 13
  Stressed Mum 10:23 AM 21 May 13

Thank you - Im onto it now - will keep you posted. SM

Stressed Mum 10:46 AM 21 May 13

*Fantastico All done - Nuance no longer a nuisance! Bloomin thing! All sorted - running sans now and defrag - so hopefully back to normal before son home from school! thanks for your help. SM :)

onthelimit1 11:12 AM 21 May 13

Excellent. Could you click the tick to close the thread please.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…