Windows must shut down

dapa 12:24 25 Feb 04

Help anyone, I am keep getting a message on my screen that reads "Windows must shut down this was initiatd by NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM Remote procedure call (RPC) service terminated unexpectally can anyone help

vinnyT 12:34 25 Feb 04

click here

This link may help, it was not the exact wording you gave, but was suggested by google.

ventanas 12:34 25 Feb 04

Blaster Virus click here for the removal tool or run Stinger click here Turn off system restore before running either.

The go to Windows Update and get the patch or you will get it again. Finally turn on System restore.

palinka 12:49 25 Feb 04

You've got the Blaster worm . It's a virus. Has been going the rounds since summer 2003 so there are lots of threads about its removal in this helproom. As ventanas says, get Stinger; save it somewhere handy, like the desktop. Turn off System restore; run Stinger; then switch system restore back on.
The next thing to do, urgently, is to update your anti-virus. Do that before doing anything else (after you've used stinger). and thereafter keep your antivirus updated by doing it manually at least once a week.
Which anti-virus do you use? Some are confusing/misleading so if you let me know which one I can send you detailed info on how to update.I find a lot of my colleagues who use Norton are particularly prone to misunderstanding whether or not their antivirus is up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…