Windows Movie Maker Sound Problems

Dadster 1956 22:35 23 Jul 05

Using movie clips from my Minolta A200 converted from Mov. to Avi, for editing in Movie Maker they play fine when shown in Collections but when dragged to the timeline for editing the sound becomes tinny and distorted.I have seen a number of recommended workarounds in various forums none of which work for me.Has anyone also encountered this problem and managed to resolve it? Any help would be appreciated.

stalion 22:38 23 Jul 05

are you running movie maker version 2?

stalion 22:51 23 Jul 05
  Dadster 1956 11:28 24 Jul 05

Yes,Version 2.1.

stalion 21:50 24 Jul 05

Please do not email put your replies on here so other members can benefit if the problem is solved, try installing this codec pack
click here

stalion 21:55 24 Jul 05

sorry wrong thread

Dadster 1956 22:21 25 Jul 05

Thanks for the help but unfortunately no improvement on installing codec pack.

stalion 22:26 25 Jul 05

have you had a browse on the help page I posted above click here

stalion 22:35 25 Jul 05

do you have the option to change the sound bit when recording from 12bit to 16 bit one person on the help section did this and it solved the same problem

Dadster 1956 19:35 27 Jul 05

Yes I have tried the various workrounds suggested but they dont work for me.unfortunately I dont have the option to change sound when recording.I guess I might have to wait until Microsoft come up with a fix.

kinger 19:40 27 Jul 05

Microsoft uses a different version of codec than the current standard.

I found problems when putting AVI files, created with Movie Maker 2, into another program caused errors.

On checking with Pinnacle software, they said that I'd have to convert the MS AVI files to the current type AVI files (supported by all purchased video editing suites) using a free software utility.

I did this and all was well. This could be your problem too.

I'll see if I can find the free software on my PC, it's a long time since I used it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…