Windows Movie Maker For My 2 Year Old Daughter

Ben capewell 16:22 24 Nov 06

My hobby and love is my daughter with pictures and cam-corder, but when i try to capture recorded video, movie maker some times not all the time makes the captured video blockey (keeps frezzing for seconds)but other times it captures perfectly, nice and smoth video.
I have done defrag, set movie makers priority to above normal, is there anything else i can tweak to get a good capture.
There must be somebody who has a love for there captured video, and is a bit like a train spoter, like me.

Technotiger 16:35 24 Nov 06

Hi, If you have Graphics card as opposed to on-board graphics you could update the driver, or if on-board graphics - add a Graphics card. You could add more RAM and/or a more powerfull CPU.

Cheers.

Technotiger 16:36 24 Nov 06

- or - get a program like Pinnacle's Studio 10.

Pamy 16:46 24 Nov 06

Make sure no other progs are running in the background while dowloading from camcorder. Try to have a dedicated disk for your recordings

Ben capewell 20:47 24 Nov 06

I did have Pinnacle 8 but it did not seem to work very good and i have also heard other people having same problems that is why i use movie maker and its also free. The graphics card is a built in one, so would a separate board make a diffrence. i thought graphics cards for your display only and not for what you are doing, as in im making a movie to send to cd.

Technotiger 21:14 24 Nov 06

I use Pinnacle 9, I think it is great. Just personal choice I suppose. I believe a Graphics card would be an improvement.

Stuartli 00:25 25 Nov 06

A decent graphics card would make a useful difference.

Also, do you have the latest version of Windows Movie Maker (i.e. 2.1) from the Microsoft website?

click here

How to use it:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…