Windows Movie Maker

johnincrete 07:07 05 Jun 09

I have tried to transfer a DV tape using WMM.
It seems to save in one big file although it identifies clips. (I usually use Element which saves the separate clips)
Since the tape is a whole hour, the resultant file is massive (see my query earlier about FAT to NCFS)
Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere that will cause WMM to save clips separately?

BT 08:14 05 Jun 09

If you open the Help file in WMM and click on the Index tab, the navigate to Pictures>importing you will find a section on clip detection.

Les28 10:38 05 Jun 09

Don't know whether any of this helps either.

click here

With the files being so large, I usually just capture about 20 minutes worth at a time, edit that bit, then save as a DV-AVI file, you can delete the original 20 minutes capture file then to recover free space. Do the same with another 20 minutes and so on, then later join all the DV-AVI files in WMM and do final overall editing then save as DV-AVI again and later burn the final to video DVD.

BT 17:03 05 Jun 09

For lots of Help and Information about WMM have a look at Papajohn's site
click here

johnincrete 08:42 10 Jun 09

When I connect the camera, WMM runs automatically . The Microsoft help page says access WMM from all programs/accesories but WMM is not there. Where is it or, to put it another way, how do I run it without the camera - for editing etc,

eedcam 08:46 10 Jun 09

Start >programmes >entertainment

johnincrete 10:04 10 Jun 09

Thanks but I'm using XP Home & no entertainment folder

anchor 16:52 10 Jun 09

On my XP Home PC you can launch WMM directly from here:

C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe

???? ????

(which I believe is Good Luck in Greek))

anchor 16:54 10 Jun 09

Obviously the PCA server does not recognise Greek Characters.

eedcam 18:53 10 Jun 09

I use xp home and never created the entertainment folder nor put it there
Why dont you do a search for movie maker then create a shortcut. Dont search for windows movie maker else you'll get every file on the planet with windows oin it

johnincrete 05:20 11 Jun 09

Thanks: I never thought to discard the "Windows" Bit so when I looked I never found!! Sure enough, there was the folder "Movie Maker" & problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…